Mr. Dinesh Nirawdekar holds a Masters in Communication and Media Studies with a specialization in Broadcast Communication. He has also qualified the State Eligibility Test (SET) for Lectureship conducted by University of Pune in the year 2014 and National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by CBSE in July 2018. His key areas of interest are Videography, Photography and Video editing. While in his seventh year of teaching experience at St. Xavier’s College, Mr. Dinesh deals with papers like Radio and Television Journalism, Photojournalism, Press Laws and Ethics, Introduction to Advertising, Introduction to PR, News Media Management etc. Besides being an academician he also leads students with departmental newsletter namely ‘XaviersPost’
and also the YouTube channels ‘Xaviers Buzz’.
Mr. Nitin Volvoikar holds post graduate degree in Journalism and also a Post graduate diploma holder in Journalism and Mass Communication. He has a total of eight years of teaching experience in Journalism. He has also qualified the State Eligibility Test (SET) for Lectureship conducted by University of Pune in the year 2013. In the past he has interned and later freelanced for Herald Publications. Currently he is also a member of Board of Studies in Journalism and Mass Communication, Constituted by Goa University. His key areas of interests are Reporting and editing for print media. He deals with papers like Introduction to Journalism, Global Media, Art Appreciation, News Gathering, Production, Indian Regional Journalism and History of Press.
Lisvan Rodrigues holds a M.Sc. in Communication Studies with a specialization in Video Production. He has worked with the Goa Football Association as the assistant website manager and with oHeraldo as sub-editor in the sports section. He also has been contributing various articles for ‘Sportskeeda’. His areas of interest are reporting and editing for print and online media and sports journalism. He teaches Report and Feature Writing, Magazine and Niche Journalism and Online Journalism
Jonquil Sudhir holds a post-graduate degree in English and is a Post Graduate Diploma holder in Journalism and Mass Communication. She has 15 years of industry experience, starting her career as a reporter/sub-editor and a government-accredited photographer before going on to become Group Editor at Goan Observer Publications. She is currently Consulting Editor at Business Goa, Goa’s premier business magazine. Her areas of interest are investigating reporting and editing for print media. She teaches Introduction to Journalism and TV Anchoring.
A number of senior media professionals and academicians are associated with the department as visiting faculty, who teach a major component of a subject. A number of Student Enrichment Lectures by Guest Faculty are often conducted.
Visiting and Guest faculty for the various courses are:
- Ms. Smitha Venkateshwaran, Freelance Journalist
- Mr. Ashley Rosario, Freelance Journalist
- Ms. Dolcy D’cruz, Feature Writer, Herald Publication
- Ms. Pamela Dmello, Senior Journalist
- Mr. R.V. Prabhugaonkar, Senior Journalist, Ex. Editor, Navprabha
- Mr. Mayabhushan Nagvenkar, Freelance Journalist
- Mr. Samvartha Sahil, Research Scholar, Delhi University
TV & Radio
- Ms. Danuska Dagama, Ex. Feature Editor, HCN
- Mr. Shishir Joshi, Co- founder of JM Foundation
- Mr. Pramod Acharya, Editor in Chief, Prudent Media
- Ms. Lisa Rosenberg, Freelance Cinematographer
- Mr. Pradeep Padgaonkar, News Reader, AIR & Features Editor, Prudent Media
- Mr. Mukesh Thali, NRCT, All India Radio
- Mr. Frederick Noronha, Senior Journalist
- Mr. Euan Roacha, Journalist, Reuters.com
- Ms. Sapana Sahani, Founder Member of Women Aloud Videoblogging for Empowerment (WAVE)
- Mr. Aaron Pereira, Journalist, First Post
- Patterson Fernandes, Faculty
- Ms. Skitta Faia, Branch Manager, Perfect Relations Goa
- Ms. Dipti Bhonsale, Corporate Team Member, Edelman India, Mumbai
- Ms. Diana Braganza, PR Professional at Perfect Relations Goa
- Mr. Rosario Estibeiro, Photojournalist
- Mr. Anoop Negi, Photojournalist
- Mr. Sunil Bhadri, Associate Professor, Manipal Institute of Communication
- Mr. Rajtilak Naik, Photojournalist, The Times of India